We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Linux web surfing

mbc

Likes # 0

Can anyone advise on a wireless usb adapter which will run under Linux? My router is a Belkin N wireless router F5D8236uk4. My Windows adapter does not work under Linux. Thanks.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Can't give you a personal recommendation but Amazon have several including this one Amazon

Like this post
Thalmus

Likes # 0

what wireless adapter do you have?

Like this post
mbc

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, I have ordered one from 7dayshop via Amazon. My present adapter is a Belkin F7D2101. I have checked their web-site, and there are no drivers for Linux.

Like this post
scotty

Likes # 0

You can always use the windows driver for the wireless dongle and the linux facility "Ndiswrapper". Linux support for wireless devices has improved but it is still a frequent source of trouble for me.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper

Like this post
daytimers82

Likes # 0

at the bottom of your screen or at the top there should be an icon try right clicking on that icon and see if you can set the wireless link.

Which Linux distro are you using is it mint or ubuntu, in mint the icon is at the bottom on the right

In ubuntu the icon is at the top on the right or a drop down list.

Like this post
daytimers82

Likes # 0

if its a distro ive not listed you will have to look around the main screen in linux for this icon.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...