We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

+++ Yahoo spam delete sound

pcdimwit

Likes # 0

I am using an acer laptop and only today it has started to make a loud "BEEP" as I delete spam, it doesnt make this sound when deleting normal emails, is this being generated by Yahoo itself?? and how do I stop it, I am sure I havent altered any settings to activate this, in fact I didnt know anything about these sounds until this happened, thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

Oh, yes, youre right, it does bring back all my old posts by putting my name, PDCDIMWIT in the search box on the site itself!! also this loud beep isnt ONLY happening when I delete spam on a yahoo mail account it seems to happen when I have not clicked on the right icon (just using paint.net with the gaussian blur as explained from a previous post) and it makes a very loud BEEP! when I dont click on the right icon, so it must be the windows settings, how do I stop this, or make it much lower?? thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...