We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wifi connection

anncon

Likes # 0

I am unable to connect my Galaxy tab to my Wi Fi because I do not know the password. My husband has his laptop connected to my Wanadoo broadband but we do not have a record of the password. I have tried using the WEP number on the modem and any other password I can think may have been used, all to no avail. I have cocntacted Wanadoo by email but they have not responded. How can I find out what code I need? I have connected the tab up to my daughters WiFi with no problem. Frustrated Ann

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you have an Orange livebox or a different router? You should be able to enter the router's configuration pages and then be able to see the password for the wireless set up. Alternatively if you cannot see the password you can reset it. If you do that the password on the laptop will have to changed too.

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

If, as Woolwell asks, you do have a Livebox, you should be able to get to its control panel as follows:

Launch an internet browser (eg: Internet Explorer)

In the address panel type 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.

Once you're into the control panel, unless you changed the access settings when you first installed the Livebox, you should find that the defaults are username admin and password admin.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Try this...link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features