We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Not functioning

Muergo

Likes # 0

I have tried posting a reply but just get "Wait" strip but nothing happens so I posted a new thread, that has not appeared either.

Now instead of Firefox I am using IE9 and see what happens.

The topic I posted before was that I see different layouts in Firefo and IE9, almost totally white in FF but shades of grey in IE9, are there different themes ?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I had the same problem all day yesterday and gave up in the end. No doubt that the PCA staff were trying to sort out a few faults on the new set up. It was the same on both IE8 and Firefox. So just a matter of waiting to they get all the problems sorted out.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

As for colour both I/E8 and Firefox are grey at the top of the page but turn lighter as you scroll down. Maybe Firefox may be a little darker but hard to spot the difference.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

It is very annoying to lose a long post or reply. I try to keep the habit of using the clipboard before hitting send/reply etc.

Then it's not so annoying to lose it. Of course, the times that I forget are the times I lose it.

Happens on other Forums too. 'Time out' is a common problem or just opening another link is enough. Back button may or may not be enough to recover in those cases.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

As of today, I can respond to other peoples threads, but I can't start my own. I just keep getting 'Error on the Page' 'Try Again' etc.

Anyway, I realise tis is like highjacking someone elses thread, but I can't see any other way...

So here goes. It's been a long time since I last used 'Outlook Express'. At the top of the page when sending a new message, it gives you the choice of...

'Font' ~ 'Size' ~ 'Colour'

This is ok as far as it goes, if you want something different each time you send a letter. Because nomatter what I select, when I come to sending another letter, the setup has reverted to default.

Question: How do I save my settings?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Graphicool1 Cant help you with Outlook Express but have the same problem trying to start a new thread.All I get is a full page with a script error on it. Mind you that is with a click here attached so maybe that is my problem.

Muergo make sure you have not been signed out. I get the same problem not sure if it is the attachment on my post that causes the problem or not. No doubt by the end of the week all problems may be fixed.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

When I try to start a new thread, I type it out as usual, click the post button and get the message...

"You have errors in your form. Please check and try again."

Oh, I think I see the problem, I didn't click the box...

"Tick here if you would like to subscribe to replies to this question."

I'll give it another go, I'll let you know the outcome.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

UPDATE

No that wasn't it. There wasn't any box to click. But oddly there is on here?

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I am still having trouble with my Firefox4 site. This message is being composed on IE9.

I get a full colour header and grey with white pages but on FF4 it's all white.

This must be a setting on Firefox because I have just had the same trouble on my forum for BMW cars, that too comes up in two different designs.

I don't know how to modify the FF4 settings.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Graphicool1

Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Compose tab, you can choose the font settings and colour for default.

Apologies to Muergo, I don't know how to change FF4 either.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I still have the same stark bland site on FF4 so I am using IE9 a lot more, getting quite used to it now, it gives better results on other sites as well.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added