We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Not functioning

Muergo

Likes # 0

I have tried posting a reply but just get "Wait" strip but nothing happens so I posted a new thread, that has not appeared either.

Now instead of Firefox I am using IE9 and see what happens.

The topic I posted before was that I see different layouts in Firefo and IE9, almost totally white in FF but shades of grey in IE9, are there different themes ?

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

This on FF4 again, now I realise that looking at the "news" pages I don't have any photos just empty frames, there must be something bad about my Firefox setup.

All the graphics and photos are on IE9 PCAdvisor site.

Maybe I should reinstall Firefox but it doesn't happen on other sites.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Graphicool1 'Outlook Express'.

It might be a security program blocking the Registry change it needs to make. A few, but not all, of the programs now doing this a Ad-aware's Ad-Watch IBM Access Connections Kaspersky McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware Norton AV Spyware Blaster Spybot Tools IE Tweaks Spybot- Teatimer Spysweeper Spyware Doctor Windows Defender

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I've just found a great forum just like we used to have, it's on MacWorld,Helproom all we have to do is to go and buy new computers!!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Lack of images in Firefox may be caused by add-ons See this link and the answer

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Disabled all addons and it made no difference, at same time disabled ADBLOCK on all sites as well, erased all filters etc rebooted but still have all the images on IE9 but not on FF4, shame really because some addons won't work on IE9 like Samfind bar and NoSquint which I use all the time. I also posted twice here via FF4 and they didn't appear so used IE9 instead, maybe this one but trying FF to see if it goes.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Yes it went through this time

Like this post
SANAP

Likes # 0

awful

sanap

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Re Outlook Express : Thanks 'Lotvic' and 'Fruit Bat'

Hi Muergo I use FF4 and/or IE7, PCA looks the same nomatter which I use. Although, as far as the new PCA format has been performing, there been times where I felt as though I was wading, waist deep in yoghurt, on a moonless night.

As for your alternative MAC forum. I think I'd be more inclined to go with UBUNTU or one of the other LINUX stable before throwing my lot in with MAC. Even if they do have a good forum.

Although as it happens I've just bought a new rig. The same place I bought my last one seven years ago. MESH. You start with a base, then add to it, till you have your dream machine or as close as your wallet can get! It has Windows 7, which as a dyed in the wool WinXP supporter is a bit of an unknown territory.

So, SANAP What's eating you?

I must say I like the new PCA look. Even though over the past week I feel like I've been pulled through the ringer a few times. It's certainly been a tortuous ride, but then I never have been keen on Beta testing.

Things seem a bit quirky this afternoon though? I keep getting re-directed to the 'Homepage'. Sometimes I actually make it to the 'Helproom' but when I try to open a thread it takes me back to the Homepage all over again! In the odd moments I succeed in getting in this thread when I try to post, it say's 'Please Wait' then nothing?

Still, we're nearly there, I hope. Just a few loose edges to be tided up. Then we can all heave a big sigh of relief and get on with saving the world. G1

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

The more I frig around with switching to and fro IE9 and FF4, the more I think it is FF4 that is my problem, maybe it's the raft of W7 updates just installed or similar on other programs but FF4 is very touchy, if it isn't crashing it will freeze for a while, totally unresponsive to mouse or keyboard for some time, then just as quickly frees up and behaves normally.

BUT out of all of this aggravation I am now using IE9 most of the time, it is a great improvement on the previous two versions and has some better facilities than FF4 and now I have found how to move all my bookmarks across I'm up and running, so no more complaints about PCA website as it's OK on IE9.

I hope this last post!! using FF4 goes through.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today