We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Profile

Sea Urchin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has anyone successfully managed to get to My Profile?

When I try it goes straight to a Site Error page

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

There seems to be something silly going on with My Profile link. I notice that when I have opened a thread and responded, the My Profile works. I I go out of PCA Site and then come back in, My Profile doesn't function and comes up with the error page again.

TonyV

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Going from bad to worse - don't know if this link will work?

[http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5826/pcadebugmode.jpg]

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Think this is probablably a protection feature so you can't login twice at the same time. I've just tried it and got error result too.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Guess we'll have to wait and hope it's all sorted out soon

Will mark as resolved

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

They have obviously been working on it as I was unable to get on to PCA for an hour or so this morning but everything is back and working again including My profile so maybe see if it is working for you again.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman

No - still not working, but I think they have a lot of work to do on the site. One thing I don't particularly like is that you receive an email advising someone has posted to your thread even when it is yourself! Hardly necessary, and didn't happen on the old site.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I see My Postings is now "available" - but there is a listing for EVERY time you post to your own thread - is that sensible or desirable?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin like you say a lot of work to do yet. I would like to see the Copy And Paste back again I thought it was a lot easier than the new version. Have you tried ipconfig /flushdns to see if that works. It is a bit odd when things work on some computers and not others. Just signed in again to post this and just noticed the My Posts were back.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

And - I don't like the 12 hour clock - confusing on a 24 hour forum.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin yes am or pm beside it may help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks