We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Profile

Sea Urchin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has anyone successfully managed to get to My Profile?

When I try it goes straight to a Site Error page

Like this post
Pentris

Likes # 0

I was unable to log in using IE8 and IE9 also refuses to log me in. Only Safari allows me to log in correctly. Problem reported for IE8 as the site comes back as restricted due to site privacy policy issues. No response from PC Advisor webmaster. In fact I am fed up with the ongoing login issues for PC Advisor.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Pentris try tool internet options on I/E.Security. and set everything to default.See if that helps.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I have just got it back again so maybe they have fixed it for everyone now.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Well I still can't get into 'My Profile' or post a new thread?

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

I can't get to "My Profile" either on 64 bit IE9 or the 32 bit IE9 along with Win7. Like others here, it is the error page that is coming up. But I suppose, given time, it will all work out eventually!!

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

I am now in 64bit IE9, and there is no "My Profile". Just the error page. Also I posted a comment saying that it did come up on 32bit IE9, but that message has gone AWOL. I'll wait and see.

TonyV

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Oops

I forgot to add...That was with IE7 and/or Firefox (latest) on WinXP ~ SP3

It would seem I'm even having trouble responding to other peoples threads now too. This is the 4th time of sending this. As with trying to put up a new thread, I click the 'Post' button, it goes through the motions. But the message doesn't show. I think I'm wasting my time here, I could be painting a masterpiece, playing sokudo or watching paint dry!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Trouble is, one has to leave the thread and then come back to it, in order to make another Posting - ridiculous and time consuming.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

On the post that has gone missing, I said that the My Profile came up in the 32bit version of IE9, now it has come up on 64bit Version of IE9. Not very consistent, unless there is a very big time delay occurring. It has all gone pear shaped now, and will not post this message. I am told to "Please wait.....", but nothing is happening.

This is a cut and paste message. It didn't go when I tried earlier, but Nontek says leave the thread and then come back. I will see if that is the case here. That really does seem a wee bit strange that to send two posts to the same thread we have to leave and come back to it. Am I missing something in the logic there?

TonyV

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

Doesn't work for me in Chrome, but it does in Safari.

Last night, I clicked on the 'My Posts' link to see if my past Posts had been retained, but it disappeared and remains lost...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......