We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Profile

Sea Urchin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has anyone successfully managed to get to My Profile?

When I try it goes straight to a Site Error page

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Works fine for me. I.E.9 on Windows 7

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 2

Sea Urchin Arrow on the right hand side click it till it turns green and thats it resolved.leave it on green.

Like this post
Edbanger

Likes # 0

Error IE9 and Windows 7

Like this post
James Hull

Likes # 0

Because the decision to remove "My Posts" was kind of last minute, we didn't have time to update the copy across the site, so apologies for any confusion with regards to subscribing.

Basically there are two options you have when it comes to subscribing. If you start a post, or tick the "Tick here if you would like to subscribe to replies to this question" check box, you will be notified every time someone posts in the thread.

Now, when the "My Posts" section comes back online (very soon), when clicking on a user you will have the option of viewing their profile, or subscribing to that users posts. So, when the user posts in any forum, you receive an email. You can then remove any users you are following via the My Posts page.

On your profile (click My Profile in the header of the site), you have the option to prevent users from subscribing to you.

As for some people seeing a site error when accessing their profile, we are looking into it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well begger me it will not open for me now. So I guess they must be working on it. lets hope they don't mess it up for all.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

No go for me - have tried all day but can't get My Profile to open so can't put the usual tick in for "Keep me logged in etc" - everytime I access the website I currently have to log in - then I get an error page - I hope it is all sorted soon!

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

northumbria61

On the one occasion I did manage to get into My Profile I couldn't see a "Keep me logged in" option any more.

I'm not very happy with the news in James Hull's post above that anybody can view your profile - so will see your email address - real name etc etc.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I managed to get to it once using Flock Browser with FF Engine But its now not clickable when i post its there but will not let me click it. PS when I did get into it before there was not much in the way of settings changes that could be made and no way to stay logged in. so if I leave Comp Running and come back later I have to re-login

Like this post
James Hull

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin

I meant to say posts. Your posts are viewable by everyone however the sensitive information in your profile is and will always be only accessible by you.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Just get Site Error with Chrome

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'