We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Profile

Sea Urchin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has anyone successfully managed to get to My Profile?

When I try it goes straight to a Site Error page

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

lotvic once you untick that you have to update your account for it to work. You have to add your mobile phone number for it to activate. I just added about 9 zeros and that worked ok. So with a bit of luck no more e-mail messages.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin it has always worked ok for me using IE8 and Firefox so not sure what your problem is. I know they are working on the site and I get a lot of script errors so can only imagine it is them trying to fix the faults. Not sure what your problem is though.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you got the latest update for java installed. I can only think that it may be a problem with that.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Hi buteman

Yes, all up to date - and managed once this morning to reach My Profile - but not again! But it seems there are others with the problem, so not just me.

Now I'm trying to find how I mark this thread as Resolved?

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

'Site Error' in Firefox 3.6.16 under W7.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Site Error with Opera

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

buteman

Like you I do not wish to give out my Mobile number. Like you I have entered a totally fictitious number. Why do they need it anyway? Even if I gave the correct one it wouldn't be much use to them as I don't keep my phone on except when I'm out and my wife is alone at home.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Site Error

With IE7 & Firefox

Also I've been trying all day but I can't post a thread. It goes through the motions, but nothing as appears in the 'Helproom'.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Finally saw my profile.

To tick as resolved you should see a tick by a post. Click on the tick.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

G'day Sea Urchin I have the same problem IE 9 "Site Error"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...