We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Profile

Sea Urchin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has anyone successfully managed to get to My Profile?

When I try it goes straight to a Site Error page

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Straight in on IE9.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

'Site error' on IE8.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Site error on Firefox

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Okay on Firefox 3.6.16

I wonder what this: "In our forums, you have the ability to subscribe to particular users in order to receive notifications when they post new messages" is about as have seen nothing that gives that option. Hopefully it is just the email notification of replies to a question in a thread as per normal, and they have just worded it wrongly/strangely.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Fails on Opera too

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

lotvic

Is that not the tick box beneath the Reply box? I noticed on the first day that was ticked by default, but it has now been changed to unticked.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'm hoping so, but in My Profile underneath that sentence it says "Allow users to subscribe to my posts"

Does that mean all my posts or does it mean Threads started by me? I feel it should be made clearer.

In our forums, you have the ability to subscribe to particular users in order to receive notifications when they post new messages.

Allow users to subscribe to my posts (box with tick already in it is here)

Anyway I have unticked my box, but then got an error because of no mobile phone number entered. So I just typed 11 zeros and then it accepted it and updated my profile....

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

lotvic

Ah - as I cannot get into My Profile I haven't yet seen that!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Works and has worked from the start on W/7 IE8 and Firefox so not sure why it does not work for others.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Nope. Still can't access it with IE8 and XP.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded