We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Log On And Password

David4637

Likes # 0

On the old PCA system you could put your log on details and password in the URL. This won't work on the new PCA Forum? Please advise how this can be added in the URL so it will work? Thanks David

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Use as a homepage or paste a link on your desktop or favourites (bookmarks)

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom

as long as you do not delete (or set your browser to keep)the PCA cookie then you will be logged in when you enter the site.

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, will give it a try David

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

Can you some how add your email and P/W to your favorites, I use someone elses PC and it would be easy if you could tell me how? Thanks David

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Would it really make sense to have your email login set up as a favourite on someone else's PC? They could access your email at any time.

In any event, whether it is possible will depend on what email service / software you use to access your emails. So what do you use?

Like this post
audeal

Likes # 0

Batch: I do not know where you get the email bit from as David4637 has not asked for the email login but the PC Advisor login. I have been using this system for years now with no problem. I now find I cant use this system and I have started using the system that Fruit Bat has suggested and have had no problems so far.

David: if you login as normal then put the page into your favorites, you can then copy the link onto you desktop or anywhere else you want it, it should work that way.

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

It just means in the old system if you had logged out you would not have to add your login details again. I had the PCA webpage address then my email address and then the password all in the URL, and it worked for 3 years at least, just thought it would be useful to repeat this option on the new PCA system? Thanks for your replies Any more ideas David

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......