We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Times does fly---When you have a

SparkyJack
Resolved

Likes # 0

Win XP update it seems.

We are all used to time slowing down- usually attributed to an ailing BIOS battery, and soon remedied.

Earlier to day having done with the machine for a bit I closed to Hibernate. Up came 'Install update and close down'. OK I click and went about other things. I have just a few monents ago come back to the machine only to find the time had ADVANCED 2 hours to 18.59. Check the Zone - British summer time - as it should be ? So I reset it to 17.12 [by my Alarm clock]. Now how come I gained 2 hours in the correct time zone.?

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

IT'S DONE IT AGAIN.

I have carried out a reboot and on reloading I had gained an hour. Instead of 08.30 the clock read 09.30. Checked Zone correct [GMT] Just above GMT however I noticed - Coordinated Universal Time Is this New? I don't recall seeing it before. So out of curiosity - selected it - Time came back to what it should be Now 08.40

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you got it set to (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Either that or your CMOS battery needs changing.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Butman wrote Either that or your CMOS battery needs changing.

Butman read the first post When a CMOS battery is going down - time is lost surely We know that

This is time gained

On an earlier occasion it gained 2 hours, to day it was one hour

And yes correct zone also selected- as already mentioned

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

The only other time set I know of is in the BIOS maybe check that out.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

jack You have changed your log on name I presume, Have you loaded the windows Time update download for windows to keep it in sink as I think you will find this is a Windows Problem, as its only changed after the updates you loaded. Why not Run system Restore to before the problem As windows makes a Restore point. Then re-download. the Updates manual using Windows update in the Startup folder, just load one update at a time till you find the one that's the problem

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Mine is set for

'Date & Time tab = Current time zone: GMT Daylight Time

Time Zone tab = (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London and I have a tick in 'Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes'

Internet Time tab = Server: time.windows.com

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...