We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Two Adobe readers

Muergo

Likes # 0

I seem to have two Adobe readers installed, one is a Plugin, the other is titled ActiveX, do I need both of them or do they happily co-exist?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It is the flash player for I/E and the other one is for Firefox or whatever other browser that you use. You need both if using 2 different browsers.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Check Add Remove in Control Panel, it should tell you the size and what it is

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

No it's not Flash Player, it's Adobe Reader, I have two of Adobe Flash Player FF and IE, but maybe the Adobe reader Plug in is for one and ActiveX for the other.

I'm having trouble as well with Adobe Shockwave, Secunia says it's out of date but the latest one won't install, should I remove it and install from scratch?

Adobe is a bit of a pain whichever program I use.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Troubleshoot shockwave player installation. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403264.html

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I got rid of secunia because of so many false errors it produced on abode software.

check abode web to see if you have latest version

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Muergo they are flash player updates.Well they are on mine, I have both on mine Active X is for Internet Explorer and Plug In is for Firefox and I do not have Adobe reader installed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?