We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA new website

Salut
Resolved

Likes # 4

Hmmm, had me fooled for a moment, looks so clean and crisp that I thought swmbo had done a spring clean. Well done to all, so far so very good!!

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Woolwell. Me too. Infuriating.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Crosbow7.... I too miss My Postings

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

Don't like the fact that all the other forums etc have disappeared from the left hand side of the page.

Like this post
James Hull

Likes # 0

"People who are used to PCA are going to have to re-learn how to insert links. You have to insert through the hyperlink button which is not obvious."

Woolwell, you can also use the shortcut ctrl+l. In fact you can shortcut every button.

bold - ctr+b

italics - ctr+i

heading - ctr+h

horizontal rule - ctr+r

undo - ctr+z

redo - ctr+y

Diemmess - my postings will be here very soon!

James, PCA Web Developer

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

James Hull

Thanks - wonder if a sort of sticky is needed for this sort of things. The question mark doesn't seem to do anything apart from "what is markdown?" and a link that doesn't seem to work.

Postings are hit and miss. Not always able to post without exiting thread and re-entering.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

Another NO vote, I miss the left hand Forums column, too bright background, date and time of the postings, not a happy bunny. Could be my browser, but I can only just see the "Post" box down the bottom. At least I think it's the Post box, we will find out shortly.......

Like this post
James Hull

Likes # 0

Hi Amonra, can you let me know what browser and possibly what resolution you are using and I'll look into why you are not seeing the post form correctly.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hmm, I do not like the new Helproom layout, have not looked at the other Forums yet, but if the same layout as this then a dig thumbs-down from me!

Site Home page and the rest is fine though - will maybe form a better overall view after a few days or so.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Different, but will get used to it,however for those of us with a square monitor- it looks 'Odd'.

Is there any way we can convert it, so it looks right on a 724*1068 screen.

How do I access my previous postings?

Thanks Terry

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

WOW!!! Just logged on, what a nice surprise.

OH!! What's this, a Preview as you type, I like it.

Insert Hyperlink? I will play later.

Now there's something I was hoping for, access to the other forums from the top of the page, saves me scrolling on my laptop.

Very nice PCA, it must have taken a fair amount of work to get it up and running, well done. I'm away to investigate more.....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)