We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA new website

Salut
Resolved

Likes # 4

Hmmm, had me fooled for a moment, looks so clean and crisp that I thought swmbo had done a spring clean. Well done to all, so far so very good!!

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, dms_05.

The Main forum index page is still there:

There may be fewer threads shown but this is easily amended if we get enough requests for it.

It has taken a lot of time to redesign the whole site and we still have a long list of amends and fixes, so please be patient as we smooth over the rough edges!

I don't think that the changes to the forum are monumental. We want to keep it as simple and efficient as possible, while adding a few requested features.

As Matt says, let us know what you like or don't like.

And please take a look around the rest of the site, and give us your thoughts about that, too.

Cheers,

Simon Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Not sure If I like the "Last posting " time style of 5 minutes ago

I preferred the date and time was always correct saved having to refresh the page constantly

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

Not a fan I'm afraid, I dislike the blot above left of the title-bar, it takes up too much space and I really don't like the fact that the page now doesn't fit my available screen-width.

Like this post
MuDelta

Likes # 1

If it wasn't bust why fix it?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 1

Well I am 75 but Change is as good as a rest. Its Clear and very readable.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Blot?

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 1

Thanks Matt, I'm lost without it! And so are many others I'd imagine.

Have to say I liked the old site better, but I'll have to get used to it.

On the plus side, text once posted seems to appear larger & in a better font than before. And browsing the site also appears to be quicker.

Thread subscriptions tweak:

Would be nice to have the 'Tick here if....to this question' option selected by default the first time only (or not selected at all). But if deselected the first time by the poster, it should not be selected by default the subsequent times he/she posts in the same thread. What's happening now is that it's being selected by default every time one posts.

Each thread also needs to have an 'unsubscribe' option to the members who posted in a thread. Or, is this a feature that will be present in 'My Postings'? G

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"The Main forum index page is still there"

Rather than that page, I find it easier to press 'End' on keyboard to go to bottom of this (or any other page) and then I can click directly on the list of forums there.

Overall I'm finding it a bit strange to get used to the changes, but am sure it won't take too long to find my way about.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Too white. It's as if there's been a blizzard.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 2

Why will it not respond to my Post to this thread. Looks like I am going to have to find another site until this one decides to work

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home