We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA new website

Salut
Resolved

Likes # 4

Hmmm, had me fooled for a moment, looks so clean and crisp that I thought swmbo had done a spring clean. Well done to all, so far so very good!!

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Thanks Salut. Keep us posted with any feedback, good or bad.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 1

Personally I dont like it. My thought is if its not brocken dont fix it.Its going to see what others think. I have looked most days over past 12 years I knew the layout as did many others,

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

To FE I got an e-mail to say I got a reply to my question but it's not here!

Jollyjohn Vista repair problem

Thanks

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Thanks Jollyjohn. That may be my fault. I was messing around posting test posts when the site was down, then deleting them.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

At a certain age one starts to dislike change! I shall manage, no doubt.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 1

The most useful feature of the old site was the ability to view all the recent thread postings on all forums on a single page. The new site doesn't seem to offer such an overview and even when I chose a specific forum the number of threads shown is quite small (even on a 22" 1920x1080 screen). So whilst it looks nice it's less user friendly. On my netbook it's almost unusable for this reason.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Hmm

Took some getting into :0)

FF kept giving me error messages that I was being direct to some address that would not complete.

Also had to search for my password (not used in years I had previously used to log directly into the help room).

Contrast appears crisp.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

'My Postings' is no more :-(? G

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 1

Hi Crossbow7 - I put a thread up about this: don't worry. A new, improved My Postings has been built, but it's currently causing some memory issues, so we've had to switch it off to work on it. It'll be live early next week at the latest.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

A huge improvement. Well done!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow