We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Make Case Fan, Mini ITX IO size, Optical Drive.

RJA2409

Likes # 0

I have posted elsewhere but this seems like a better place I am building a pc from scratch I have built the pc case and now am looking at parts (on the cheap) i am not sure if i need a case fan my pc case is 24 by 18.3 by 14 and these are the parts:

4GB CF Compact Flash Memory Card
Compact Flash to SATA Converter Adapter
Intel D410PT Desktop Motherboard - Intel Chipset
LiteOn IHAS124-19 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Black - OEM
New Mini ITX PC DC-DC Power Supply Board 120W PSU 12V
Novatech 1GB (1x1GB) DDR2 PC2-5400C4 667MHz Single Channel Kit

finally can anyone provide with sizes for the i/o shield and will my pc parts boot off usb as I will not get the optical drive (being cheap and never use the one in my laptop!)

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Being as you want to build a low cost system, and you already have the case, I would suggest a motherboard bundle like click here as it is all assembled and tested as well as being optimised to work together.

You will still need to get a PSU (Power Supply) and DVD drive.

If the USB has the operating system on it, it should (no guarrantees) boot from there.

Terry

Like this post
RJA2409

Likes # 0

thanks to both of you for the replies and links currently i am looking at mini itx and have not found a bundle for under 100 pound of this size and with passive cooling

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

That there is not sufficient height for a "Full Sized" Graphics Card!

Like this post
RJA2409

Likes # 0

This is literally the smallest pc i can build that it why i have made my own pc case as none on the market are small enough i am looking to build a pc for under 100 pounds and it consist of a passive cooler if you could help with i/o shield size or weather i would need a pc case fan. Finally you could also help me with cheaper parts.

This is not a high performance gaming rig just a simple web browser linux based system

Like this post
RJA2409

Likes # 0

Sorry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014