We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

printer status offline

bothy

Likes # 0

How do I change a printer status from offline to online?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Make and model of printer would help,as would a few more details of your problem.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Control panel/printers/ right click on your printer and click use printer online.

Like this post
bothy

Likes # 0

Sorry I thought the problem was straightforward to solve but after reinstalling four times I realise its not.
The printer is an HP photosmart premium fax e all in one C410 and is a couple of months old and is connected wirelessly through a new sky router.
The problem is that the printer keeps going offline with the result that a printer error flashes up on the printer screen. Sometimes under devices and printers the printer icon shows up with a yellow triangle , then it shows several icons of the same printer, or it moves the green tick to the fax machine. I have tried connecting with usb cable but that doesnt work smoothly ether.I have tried reinstalling 4 times but no luck there either. Now at a loss as to what to try.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I too recently bought a HP printer after many years using Epson.Biggest mistake I ever made. It to is supposed to connect wirelessly but I could not get it to work consistently.

I eventually got it to work by installing nothing but the drivers, I did not install any of the many extras that come with a HP printer. This worked for a while then again started to play up so I eventually uninstalled it again making sure that I removed all traces of HP from my PC then reinstalled using the USB cable, it works but not particularly well.

Worst printer I have ever had and HP's customer service is worse than useless.
Sorry I can not be of more help.

Like this post
emberto1946

Likes # 0

I concur with all that has been said above about HP printers. My first is less than 2 months old and has worked occasionally throughout that period. Fortunately I kept my old "Brother DCP-115C" after the print head failed as I can at least print B&W documents. I have tried to start again today with my printer and have noticed that the report it prints says that my Sky router is on Channel 6 whereas it was actually set to Auto Scan. I have re-set the printer (again!!!) and changed the router to channel 6 and will see hgow it goes on.

It all worked well out-of-the-box but then I went away for 2 weeks and turned my router off. Worst thing I could have done according to HP. Since I came back it has been hopeless.

I will report back if this channel change works.

ps - Been waiting over 10 days for HP to get back to me!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers