We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How much is this PC worth?

Xenzon

Likes # 0

Hello, decided to sell my computer. It is the following.

CPU / RAM / 3D Card have been professionally overclocked after nearly 2days trial & error. Now the system runs completely perfect 100%.

It wouldnt have to be overclocked once sold, but would be sold with paperwork showing which BIOS settings to change in order to achieve the full system overclock.
Gigabyte P55-UD6 Mobo
GTX 460 768 MSI Cyclone @ 915/1830/4400 1.08v
1TB Samsung F3 7200k SATA
500GB Hitachi Deskstar 7200k SATA
Jeantech Absolute 1000w Modular PSU - (Did have 3x 8800 GTX's, they worked fine on this PSU)
Zalman Z9 Plus Case (4 weeks old)
Sony DVD Writer

GFX Max temp after 3hrs stress was 74C @ 915Mhz

CPU Max temp after 3hrs stress was 69C @ 4.0Ghz

Currently only playing CoD Black OPs & MW2
I always play at 1920x1080 8xAA 16xAF. Runs perfect. 80-150fps on FRAPs. (Lift the FPS limit in console, standard these games max at 92fps)

Cheers ladies & gentlemen :-D

Like this post
Xenzon

Likes # 0

By the way:

RAM is currently running @

1600Mhz 8-9-8-24 1.5v

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As a buyer doesn't get a manufacturers guarantee, secondhand pc's are only worth what someone is willing to pay, suggest you look on ebay or similar to see what sort of price you can hope for.

Most times you get more by selling the individual parts.

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

Why not give to a friend with a lesser spec machine

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

could try to sell to a student but you cant guarantee the PC so if something goes wrong they wold have to take it somewhere else to repair....

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

but you can't guarantee the PC"

Actually you will guarantee the PC. When someone buys a second-hand computer they are protected by consumer legislation, even if they buy it from a private seller.

Like this post
onthelimit

Likes # 0

Really? I thought, in this situation, it was 'let the buyer beware'?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I have to wonder why Xenzon is so keen to sell what seems to be only a 4 week old machine.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I think it is the memory that is 4 weeks old.

Like this post
Xenzon

Likes # 0

Because 'BT' I upgraded my computer, then my car died. Now I need money for a car again, quick :-(

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I'm afraid that you are going to be disappointed. Almost regardless of what you spent on the machine, finding a Buyer will be hard.

Finding a Buyer with money will be even harder. If you want a quick sale, then you may do better selling the parts on eBay. Even then, nothing like the amount that you have recently bought them for.

Think a few hundred, a little more if you are prepared to wait a while and market it hard.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...