We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Apple iPod Taking Over Wireless Management

axelbrora

Likes # 0

My neighbour has installed some Apple iPod software and lost her internet connection. She is running XP SP3. I have reinstated things for her and checked "Let Windows Manage my Wireless Connections" but after a computer restarts the connection is lost again and this box is unchecked. When rechecked it connects instantly. It has worked fine for years until she installed the Apple iPod sofware the other day so this must be the culprit. I have looked in the Add and Remove programmes and there is nothing obvious to uninstall, like Apple Connection Manager, this would be too easy. It is something that installs and runs at start up that is causing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Axel

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...