We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Broadband.

ams4127

Likes # 0

Has anyone tried using a different router instead of the HomeHub2? Were there any problems in doing so?

Like this post
acein1

Likes # 0

? why are you asking this,when the bt home hub is one of the best you can get????

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Because I am having troubles with it. Keeps dropping out (main computer, laptop and ipad) but all lights remain on. Has to be reset several times each night.

I've also seen reports which state that the hub is not exactly the fastest thing on the block.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Sorry, should also have said that someone on the BT forums said that changing router solves the problem. It does seem to be happening quite a lot.

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

It could be because of the wireless channel you are using. If several of your neighbours are using the same channel, it can cause problems. You could try changing the channel. However, it may be better to ask BT for the new HomeHub3. This automatically switches to the best channel. I've only had mine a few days, but it seems a good bit of kit.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

No good if you have BT Broadband Talk (Their Voice Over IP Service)as changing to a BT HH3 or any other Router negates the use of your HH Handsets.

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

Agreed, but the question was about using a different router. As you say, this would also remove the BT Broadband Talk facility.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Thanks beynac, I hadn't heard of a HH3. I'll phone BT tomorrow. I don't use the broadband talk system so that won't affect me.

Thanks to you all for helping. I'll mark this as resolved but will post back when I get the problem fixed in case it helps someone else.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014