We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google wont stay signed in

happyhotspur

Likes # 0

I don't know why this has suddenly started happening but everytime I close my browser down and re open it my automatic log in to google toolbar does not work and I have to manually log back into it.

I have tried all the recommendations from google to clear the cache and ensure my cookies are enabled but it does not solve the problem.

Anybody know what I can do. I am running windows 7 with ie7

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Do you have IE7 set to delete browsing history on shut down or set to Private Browsing?

Like this post
happyhotspur

Likes # 0

Sorry I should have said I am running IE8 and it is set to delete browsing history on shut down.

This morning Google loaded automatically, without the need for me to sign in.

Seems very weird

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

...in IE8 go to Tools > Delete Browsing History.

In the list make sure there is no tick in 'Passwords'

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Am I missing something here?
As far as I know Google TOOLBAR doesn't need to be signed in. Its installed at the top of your browser.

Are you talking about the Google ACCOUNT sign in tab on the toolbar? If so this only needs to be signed in if you are using your account.The Toolbar works whether signed in or not.

Like this post
happyhotspur

Likes # 0

If I am not signed into Google I cannot access my bookmarks or e-mail(I use Googlemail). There is a little dot at the far right hand corner of the toolbar that is green when I am signed in but at the moment as soon as I open IE8 and my home page appears this dot is grey and I have to sign in to my account before I can access bookmarks and googlemail etc.

This has only started happening lately prior to this I just signed in once and was always signed in.

Like this post
happyhotspur

Likes # 0

Hi bremner just checked and all okay no tick next to passwords

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

The login feature was added to Google Toolbar a while ago.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Use CCleaner to clear Cookies, History etc.

click here

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I'm aware of that but you still don't have to Sign/log in to use the toolbar, only to use your Google account.

Like this post
dororof

Likes # 0

On your Gmail account have you ticked the 'stay signed in' box,and ticked ok for IE to remember yor password.Then you have access to e-mail and google account.
Otherwise it is as BT says.(13/03/11..16:56),you do not sign in for accesss to toolbar or bookmarks/favourites.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...