We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PS3 and PC network problem

Gosford

Likes # 0

When trying to connect my PS3 and laptop to my wireless network at the same time the network grinds to a halt. i.e. cannot download updates to PS3 and the Internet connection on the laptop stops responding.
When only on or the other is switched on they are both fine and I can connect 2 laptops to the network at the same time without any problems.
I have tried manually setting the IP address of the PS3 because I thought there may have been a conflict there, but it made no difference, and I'm affraid that my knowledge of configuring networks ends there!
Can anyone suggest how I can solve this problem?

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

I think I'd have a look at the QOS settings in the router , either turn it on if it isn't already or off if it's on , see if that can make a difference somewhere . (QOS = quality of service )

Ashley

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015