We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Belkin router stopped working via virgin surfboard

xxmikeyb1

Likes # 0

hi there. for well over a year I have used a Belkin f5d8326-4 v3 wireless router to plug into my surfboard sb5100 cable modem. With generic dynamic setting in the Belkin router it instantly connected to the internet through the surfboard and has never had a problem.

today however the usually blue modem light on the front of the Belkin is now flashing orange. if I unplug my PC from the Belkin and whack it straight into the surfboard. I connect to the net just fine. I can also access the Belkin by plugging it in to the pc and entering the default 192.168.2.1 (from what I can gather its not filling in its wan dns infos when plugged into the surfboard)

I have tried multiple resets and powering on and off of modem and router to no avail. for some reason they are no longer on speaking terms.

I am unable to remove the surfboard from the equation and just use the belkin coz the surfboard is connected to cable broadband via a coax connection and the belkin has only its trusty ethernet hole

does anyone have any ideas as to how I can rectify this prob
cheers

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

It sounds as though there is a hardware failure with the Router. Contact Belkin tech support and see what they say; they may offer to replace it.

Like this post
xxmikeyb1

Likes # 0

thanks for the response. will send in a request with belkin now and update with the result )

Like this post
xxmikeyb1

Likes # 0

cheers mgmcc i seems Belkin agree with your diagnosis they just got back to me with this

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing back to Belkin Technical Support.

I understand your concern on the product F5D8236 v3000 .Based on my understanding of the issue, I would like to inform you that the router is suspected to be faulty. Please contact the link below to get the router replaced.

Please find the link given below to replace the unit, if you are based in US or Canada:
click here

If you are based in a different geographical location, please get back to us with with the following details for replacement:

1) First and last name.
2) Phone number and alternate phone number.
3) Email address and alternate email address.
4) Complete shipping address
5) Serial number of the product

If you have any further issues, please get back to us any time you wish. We work 24/7.Should you have any further questions, please take a moment to review our Knowledge Base at click here or let us know.

Please ensure that in order to reply to this email, or access any attachments, you must follow the link shown above and click 'update' at the bottom of the email to be able to respond. Do not reply to [email protected] as we will not receive your email.

Thank you,

Mudasar,
Technical Support Agent,
Belkin Technical Support

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more