We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Miked my folders comlete downloads and downloads

March Wind

Likes # 0

I have two Download folders. I think I have been saving my downloads in DAP=Download Accelerator Plus. If I tell you what the icon looks like and what it says do you think you could help me and tell me if I can delete or to put in my completed downloads folded? NB There are quite a few.

This is a folder.CNET TechTracker.

These ones looks like a pg with the corner folded, and a square inside with red and blue dots in. Content_4734_down.imw IMW file 33KB. content_12590_down.imf IMF file 38KB.
epson32451eu.exe.dap DAP file 4728KB. I have a number under different names looking like a page. Should I delete or move or keep? This will do for now

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

the icons that look like a page have different endings. i.e X.alb or dab or aspx

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

I had gone and saved some of my Downloads in DAP. Not knowing what I was doing.

I have sorted most of them and deleted. I had three left. Two said Registry Boaster. I thought I had deleted my R/Boaster. I clicked on Clear. Does this mean I have only cleared it from the list or would have deleted if from the PC? If not then where should I find it? I did delete uniblue reg boaster, but where I found it not sure. I forget easily.

The third one says buddy.zip. as my PC is called a Buddy not sure what to do about this.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

To uninstall programs go to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, and remove them from there. Unless - the program has an uninstall in it's list in the Program menu.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes