We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't set up Belkin wireles router with talktalk

mark_24

Likes # 0

I'm on talktalk and have been for a few years. They supplied me with a speedtouch 330 modem which has worked brilliantly, but now i am wanting to set up a router so i can connect to xbox live.

I have a Belkin ADSl modem with wireless G router which i have tried to set up a number of times without success. I am trying to set the router up so that it has an ethernet connection to the computer and another ethernet connection to the xbox but i can't set the router up with the internet at all.

To start with i am trying to set just the pc up. On the router, the power light is on, the ethernet port light is on, as is the wireless and the phone line one, but the internet light isn't on at all.

Someone please help, thanks in advance.

Like this post
onthelimit

Likes # 0

Easiest to set up the router while hard wired to the PC. You'll then need to access the router pages by putting 192.168.2.1 into a browser (such as IE). You'll then have to input the TalkTalk details.

Like this post
mark_24

Likes # 0

i've tried to access the router pages by putting in 192.168.2.1 but it just says no connection and won't even bring it up

Like this post
onthelimit

Likes # 0

Sorry Mark, I missread your post. I'm used to all-in-one modem/router, so not sure of the way ahead for your setup. I'm sure an expert will be along!

Like this post
mark_24

Likes # 0

make is Belkin and the model number is F5D7632-4
Also, should i try and set up DHCP with the modem currently connected (it uses a usb connection only) or when i am trying to set up the router via an ethernet port?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?