We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer

Jadee

Likes # 0

I wonder if anybody knows what wrong with my laptop It is always coming up with the message Internet Explorer as stopped working and needs to close so I click OK but it doesn't close it just carries on but it is always coming up some times when I am not using Internet Explorer I wondered if I had a bug but I have scanned it and no virus reported I am running Windows 7

Like this post
Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

Our son's Windows 7 laptop did the same, have you downloaded Windows Service Pack 1 ?

Like this post
dororof

Likes # 0

Appears to be a common problem.
click here

could try this,you may have a program conflict.

click here

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Go to command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on your keyboard.
it should tell you dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.
Or give this fix it a try.

click here

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

It may have developed a software fault.
Go to the Microsoft site and download the version of internet Explorer you want: Note Explorer 9 is not suitable for XP, and save to your desktop

Go to the Control Panel, Add/Remove
Select Windows componenents (left side)
Remove 'Click' on Internet Explorer
Re-boot machine

Run the version of Explorer you downloaded, and your problem should be cured.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote