We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

sony bravia ,hdmi, and loss of sound .

imintheshed

Likes # 0

I have just purchased and Sagecom HD freeview recorder when it is turned on and the HDMI is plugged in to the second port (the first carries BT vision )on the TV the sound is ok until I change channels .I have tried everything removing the vision using hdmi ports 1,2and 3 but the problem remains. I have to turn the device off and on again and the sound comes on, change channels sound goes off again.Originally I was going to return the box as faulty ,but,
Luckily I have a smaller Sony Bravia in the kitchen and the Sagecom freeview box works ok out there,and it seems to respond to the remote faster ? .So its not the box
I have read somewhere about "handshake ".

Any ideas? thanks in advance

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi check and see if there is a firmware up-date for your model Sagecom HD Free-view recorder.

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 0

Is there an option with your TV to scan for HDMI connected devices? Look for 'HDMI' controller on the TV setup and let it scan to link with the freeview box.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I have noticed Web Postings relating to a problem with Windows 7 and HDMI Sound. Don't know any more about it. You'll have to troll/Google for the threads yourself.

Like this post
imintheshed

Likes # 0

thanks for your replies .I definately think its a "handshake" issue with the Hdmi lead from the Sagemcom box and the Bravia TV .If I disconnect the lead and replug it back in the sound is restored .yet on the other TV its ok all the time .Will google handshake issues see what happens.The problem is the TV is probably out of warrenty etc .SO I cannot take it back ......
BIONICLE
yes I do have a Hdmi "scAN FOR devices" but it never finds anything .Which is a bit worrying as I have a vision box plugged in via Hdmi and that works fine I have and can download Hi DEF film from BT .
thanks again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback