We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless Modem Router needed!

darkreign

Likes # 0

Hi

My Belking N1 wireless modem router has gone haywire and I've spent a lot of hours with tech support to reach this understanding.

Been to PC and Currys but can't seem to find the same modem router! It was good and lasted me a couple of years. Now I need a new one for under £150 can you help me?

It's got to be wireless modem and router (no modem in my pc), has to be powerfull so I can use anywhere in the house. I'll be connecting a lot of things (wirelessly) to it, i.e printer, phone, ipad, laptop. Finaly, not toooo complicated to set up!

This is what I had: click here
Time for something better methinks??

Thanks

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I switched from a Netgear to this one click here quite recently. Extremely simple to set up and has a pretty good range in my house, I also get a better connection speed with the Sitecom.

Like this post
onthelimit

Likes # 0

Is that all? My Thompson Speedtouch has been running faultlessly for 6 yrs. Linksys click here# also seem to get good reports on here.

Like this post
ordep

Likes # 0

High prase from Whitch? on these two.

click here

click here

Like this post
darkreign

Likes # 0

...Thanks all for your suggestions, but they don't seem to be a 2-in-1 (modem and router)...don't I need a modem to connect to the internet?

chub_tor - seems to be a router for cable (as oppose to phone line (adsl) connections! but the specs are good and I'll look into others from Sitecom.

onthelimit - again just a router! also only a 'G' standard (i think), my previous experiences with G modem routers was a lack of strength to send internet upto my bedroom.

ordep - sorry, but I've got an Ipad and Iphone and I'm not happy with Apples incompatibility with non-apple products without additional software. But the 'Linksys' looks pretty decent and i'll definitely have a look at the E3000 modem router (if there is one).

Thanks Peeps, but I ask again, do I not need a modem to connect to the internet? will a router do the job of replacing my Belkin?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Sorry, this is the one that I bought click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room