We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Microsoft Frontpage Alternative

danbywinby

Likes # 0

Hi

I am a 16 year old student who has been using microsoft frontpage for a while and have gotten used to it. But because it has been discontinued i would like to get an alternative to frontpage which has not been discontinued.

Thank you in advance.

P.S I have been told that dreamweaver has been discontinued as well and that was my alternative.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The current version (CS5) was released in April 2010, and is alive and well. click here

As far as Microsoft is concerned, the replacement for FrontPage is called 'Expression', and it's very good.
click here

Like this post
ethelbert

Likes # 0

If you are used to Microsoft's Frontpage, you may be happy using their new web program Expression Web. It is cheaper than Dreamweaver.

It is a powerful program and there are lots of forums/Mailing List to help you too, including this one. You have a 60 day trial before you purchase,
click here

It is excellent in helping to teach you css and also shows up coding errors.

As a Student you would be able to purchase a much cheaper version.

Best wishes, Jill

Like this post
danbywinby

Likes # 0

Thank you very much for that information i'll have a look at those products.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...