We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

None Spam mails

Barnsley 2011

Likes # 0

Some emails that come into the INBOX are not complete and do not have graphics.
On opening some emails in my Inbox, it tells me that THE WEB PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND.
Some emails are going straight into the DELETED ITEMS BOX and are not SPAM. Some of them can be opened by clicking on to the LINK but others will not open.
I have also had (Your email programme does not support HTML), which I do not understand.
I telephoned my server and was advised to contact a PC Technician as I may have a VIRUS.

Can anyone please help me.
BB

Like this post
Barnsley 2011

Likes # 0

Thanks for your help MAJ. I have been away for a week and left my PC with a Technician who has now solved my problems.

Like this post
Barnsley 2011

Likes # 0

I am useing XP Home and Outlook Express. No scans done as I have Kaspersky Antivirus Security and I hoped this would prevent any virus activity

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

1. "Some emails that come into the INBOX are not complete and do not have graphics."

2. "I have also had (Your email programme does not support HTML), which I do not understand."

It's likely that your email program is set to receive 'plain text' email only. Which version of Windows are you using and which email program are you using?

3. "I telephoned my server and was advised to contact a PC Technician as I may have a VIRUS."

That's possible, have you done any anti-virus and/or anti-spyware scans?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more