We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

D-Link problem

Hetti

Likes # 0

Hi all

After a system repair had problem with D-Link wireless adapter model DWL-G122, the messages says I need driver for Wlan card, phoned D-Link and they said to uninstall the software then go to website to reinstall lastest driver. My question is how do I uninstall the software, and where will I find the new software as I looked on D-Link website but I could not find it.
Is there any website that will give me step by step instructions?
Im not very techi but I can follow instructions, so will this be a job I can tackle?

Id be so grateful for some help here

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If it is the "DWL-G122 C1", the driver can be downloaded from click here but there isn't yet a driver on D-Link's site for the "DWL-G122 E1".

You would only uninstall the software if you were using their Wireless Networking software to connect, instead of Windows own software. The D-Link software would be uninstalled in the usual way from "Control Panel > Programs and Features".

After downloading updated drivers, you would go into Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters section and double click the D-Link adapter to open its Properties sheet. Select the Driver tab, click the "Update Driver" button and then 'browse' to the location of the new drivers you downloaded.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

mgmcc

I did not install the software is there a way of telling if it is installed with D-LINK wireless networking software.
Just to say there are two disks that came with the d-link adaptor and the d-link router

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

The CD that came with the router probably just includes a PDF copy of the manual and a "wizard" to configure the router, because a router isn't installed either as software or as hardware in a computer. You just connect to it with TCP/IP protocol.

If the CD for the network adapter was used, there will be an entry for it in Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features", depending on the version of Windows.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

mgmcc

Thanks so much I got it done with first post info you sent.

Once again thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer