We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 weeks Windows y

stronngbow

Likes # 0

I have had my laptop 2 weeks and know nothing so any help would be appreciated please. At the moment I keep getting a message come up on the right side of the screen about my Norton secority. I will have to leyou know more about it when it comes up again as I do not want to lose this message and start. Being a beginner not sure how it works. I would like to spell it better but I also do not know how to get the spell checker up.

Like this post
stronngbow

Likes # 0

I have just seen the web page that keep popping up when I first log on to the PC and it looks as if it is an avert. What can I do to stop this addvert please

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I understand you have limited knowledge but it is essential that you teport exactly what you see on the screen.

Describing it as an advert does not help us ascertain what is, if anything, wrong.

For example many anti malware applications, such as Super AntiSpyware, will display a splash screen when they load on booting up.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Do you have an Anti Virus, installed, updated and running. You need one a.s.a.p.

It is most likely that your lappy came with Norton as a free trial of either 3 or 6 months. Given your current experience level, I would advise you to accept this. You will get about 18 months cover for approximately £45.00.

Depending upon which version of Norton is installed, it should cover Viruses, Ad-ware and most other Malware. When you have more experience, at the end of the Norton Contract, you can install, and run, the Free AVs and anti Ad-ware and Malware that many of us do.

There are lots of nasties out there, particularly if you are visiting "The Dark Side", and you need to protect your investment.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

You new laptop comes with adverts for 'buy me' options (Companies hoping you will buy their product),normally by clinking on the link you get a trial period (up to 6 months) to access the software, hoever if you prefer a different program, that is your choice.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide