We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 Laptops, 1 keeps losing connection...

AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Afternoon Chaps,
NOW I'm really confused. I have 2 Laptops connected wirelessly, 1 Vista, the other Windows 7. The Vista laptop seems to be dropping the connection,when I look at 'Network & Sharing Centre on the Vista laptop, it's telling me signal strength excellent but with a red cross indicating there is a break between me and the internet. HOWEVER, the windows 7 laptop (on it now) is working perfectly OK!! How can I trouble shoot this please?

Thanks

Ange
x

Like this post
dawood

Likes # 0

Think most likely that Vista laptop is not configured properly, you might check out this wireless adapter configuration in Vista article click here , probably could help you solving your problem.

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Thanks for answering, dawood. I've been using this Lappy for 2 years in Feb, changed IP in December 2010 and have encountered problems since then. It NEVER lost the connection with the last IP.

Ange

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Possibly changing the order of connections might help and setting the others to connect manually.
click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015