We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

has anyone used wix.com

polish

Likes # 0

iam looking at doing a website for my business and have come across these click here has anyone used them.is there a catch with using a company like this

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Hi

Wix is a fun place but suitable for hobby sites only, unless you are in unusual position not appropriate for a business site.

The type of site can be problematic for some users and search engines. I don't want to start slamming wix, they offer a free way to have a presence on the web but to get the general drift, try reading in a few places like this:

click here

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

"I think the world would be a better place if Flash had never been invented."

With emerging changes e.g. HTML5 be gone in a few years anyway. Appreciate a number of people disagree but they nearly all seem to be flash developers.

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

thanks for replys i will do further research to see which will be the best way forward for me

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

when I couldn't develop a website for a client without incorporating at least some Flash content - the world of web design was obsessed with it, and clients expected it.

I longed for the clean,fast world of static sites, and gradually I was able to achieve it in my own work. I can't remember when I last used Flash, and that's just fine with me.

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

thanks fe flash doesmt look the way to go

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...