We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cd/dvd burning

alibob

Likes # 0

I have an HP G72 p6100 64 bitwindows7 laptop,4gb memory,320 sata hard drive. It has an optical HP dvd rwad-770 1h. I have windows media player' I would like to transfer photo's and video's from a cd/dvd onto a blank cd/dvd, but have been unable to work out how to do it. I have cd/dvds of my grandson who is a middle distance runner, (very succesful) and I would like to make copies. Could anyone suggest a good,& easy to use free software to do this.& perhaps an explanation of exactly what to do.
Thank You.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

If you simply want to copy photos to CD/DVD, you could simply put a blank CD/DVD (a CD is probably better & cheaper) into the drive and drag the pictures to the drive and drop them on it. This will give you a CD capable of being read by most DVD players and PCs.

If you want to produce something more sophisticated with music/transitions/commentary then you will need an editor - certainly for video.

There are many editors available, some free most not. If you look here click here there is a huge selection to consider. If you identify more clearly exactly what you wish to achieve then it may be possible to point you in a more constructive direction.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

As you will only have 1 CD/DVD dive you will need to copy the Cd's/DVDs to your harddrive, Create a folder somewhere,call it what you want,pop the CD/DVD you want to copy into your drive,click on computer,right click your CD/DVD drive,click on open, you can then copy the contents of the CD?DVD to the folder you have created.

Then have a look here for burning the files onto a new CD/DVD.click here

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Download the program CDCHECK and use the recover option to copy the CD/DVD to the harddrive.You can then make a many copies as you want direct from the harddrive, using if necessary Video burning software.

This is not a free program but has a free trial period.

Follow gengiscant link for video burners.
Terry

click here

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

My apologies, I had thought you were aware of the need to copy the images to your HDD before burning a further CD/DVD. On re-reading I can see you were not. The remainder of my post still stands.

Like this post
timsmith259

Likes # 0

try downloading nero from filehippo.com

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Download and install Ashampoo Burning Studio Free click here
You will have to register to fully install but it is free. When installed you start the program and select 'Copy a CD'. Insert the CD that you want to make copies of and it will read the CD and then prompt you to put in a fresh recordable CD. After copying it will ask you if you want to write another copy so you can do as many copies as you need without having to go through the read process again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers