We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fed up with BT Yahoo increases. Who is best buy?

Likes # 0

I have just received the following from BT Yahoo:
This mail is to notify you that your monthly payment has changed. Your new payment is shown below.
They did not say by how much it has gone up but I'm getting fed up with organisations like this assuming they can just bung an increase on.
Does anyone wish to sugest a less expensive service?

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

Would this not have been due to the 2.5% VAT increase ?

Ashley

Like this post

Likes # 0

I don't know if it is for VAT because the idiots did not state what the increase was.
As I was concerned I completed the convoluted form one is required to in order to communicate with them. I then received a reply saying that the original message did not apply to me because I do not pay by direct debit.
I then attempted to ask them if that meant that the increase did not apply to me and I found that the E-Mail was non returnable so I had to complete yet another convoluted form including the line which asks for an alternative telephone number. Its no use saying N/A if one only has one telephone number so one is obliged to place the first telephone number one input in that space.
Its time that I looked at what BT charge and see if a better package is available.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

This months Magazine has an ISP comparison compiled from users feedback

Like this post

Likes # 0

Many thanks. I will read it although I have to say that the thought of moving terifies me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback