We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Bluetooth Device Stopped Code 43

jgd

Likes # 0

Hi All ..... a newly purchased Bluetooth dongle (inbuilt driver) is seen ok in Devices but it is with ! mark and Windows 7 advises it has stopped device (code 43) as it has reported a problem.

Windows Troubleshooter advises driver is ok but is still reporting a problem.
Laptop is newish Acer 5741 and all USBs are ok. I am trying to link to Btooth enabled Sony Zylo phone.
I have ensured Bluetooth Support Services on the laptop are started (if this is relevant?)
Dongle was advertised as compatible with W7 as, although W7 was shown in main ebay product title, only up to Vista is shown in body of ad. Could this be the problem?

Have seen this Code 43 problem highlighted on some forums but no clear solutions given..so grateful if aPCA expert could suggest likely solution and steps to take.

Thanks, JD

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

I think you have answered your own question jgd "although W7 was shown in main ebay product title, only up to Vista is shown in body of ad. Could this be the problem"

Microsoft explanation is: "One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem."

It does look as if there are no drivers for Windows 7?

Like this post
jgd

Likes # 0

Recap .. thanks very much for that, but are you suspecting it is the dongle hardware that has failed or is it the inbuilt dongle driver which is not W7 compatible?

Unfortunately I have no hardware docs with the dongle but have now found the driver ref under Properties> Driver is CSR 3.0.0.159 19/5/2008 which looks to be pre W7 ..agreed?

Is this what your last sentence was querying?

Thanks John

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015