We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Backing up with Windows 7

Allenf

Likes # 0

I have recently started using a new computer using Windows 7. The files I wish to back up are mostly in MS Office 2003 (Word and Excel) but I do have one in Corel Draw 12. The Windows 7 backup system refuses to backup the Corel Draw 12 file. Is the sytem programmed to only backup MS Office files ? Is there anything else I can do.
On the old computer from which these files were copied I used Windows XP with an Iomega external hard drive and the wonderful auto backup software that came with it.

Thanks, Allen

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

You should be able to use the software associated with your external HD whatever system you have.
I am not familiar with Win7 so cannot comment on what files will be backed up from within Win7.
I have never used the built in software on either of my WD USB drives I have recently bought a 1TB. one, my wife now has my old 350GB one . I use Acronis TrueImage to make a complete backup of my System and Programs to the HD. All my data, video, music etc. is stored on the 1TB external HD in a Backup Folder.
If my system goes pear shaped which it has in the past on a few occasions usually caused by me?? I can restore my system within about 5 hours using the restore facility in TrueImage.
Macrium Reflect is a free program to enable you to make an image file of any thing on your PC including a whole drive but you will need a large external HD to do this.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014