We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't access my site but...

Jigzoos

Likes # 0

I can't access my own website from my PC but others can from theirs. My TC/IP propereties are set to "find DNS settings automatically". and I can access all websites but my own. But when I enter my servers DNS settings instead of finding them automatically, I can access my site but no others. I keep getting "cannot find server" error messages. Just spent 2 days reading forums for an answer but can't find anywhere. Can anyone help?

Like this post
Jigzoos

Likes # 0

Good news. The problem's fixed. Not sure how. I did a system restore to a week ago and the problem was still there. When I undid the restore, the problem was gone. Perhaps a virus or a trojan I picked up in that week? Thanks for all your help everyone. I know a LOT more about these things now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback