We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Slow Internet with Netgear DGND3300v2

Bob Bob™

Likes # 0

Hello,

As a Christmas present we got a new Netgear router.

The DGND3300v2.

It seems to be slowing down the internet for some reason.

I am trying to upload a large file on Megaupload. Got 4 KB/s upload speeds on that router. I have since switched back to the old netgear router, a DG834Gv2 and I am getting upload speeds of about 40 KB/s for the same file.

I may have set the new one up wrong but I am not familiar with this kind of thing.

The only thing that I know is different:

Old Netgear network was done under a MAC address allow list.

New Netgear network is being done under WEP (WEP 2 I think? May have wrong term there).

I setup the new netgear like that because I was not bothered setting up a new allow list because the speed at which I can get around the built in software is a lot slower then the old netgear so big setups like that are annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks very very much in advance.
Happy New Years.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED