We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless problems

dan1611

Likes # 0

I sold a netbook recently and the person who purchased it says they are having problems connecting wirelessly to the internet. We have never had any problems and the connection was perfect on the morning of sale. How can I advise the person to help them decide if the problem is a router/connection problem or the wireless adapter is faulty in the netbook ?

The last thing I want is them wanting their money back when there's no problem with the netbook and it was sold in good faith.

Like this post
dan1611

Likes # 0

Thanks for your response.Yes it was a private sale but through an auction site, they more often than not, side on the part of the buyer, this is the reason why I am trying to find as much info as I can should he try and recover his money.

Interestingly enough having responded to him that I wanted to know the name of the "repair centre", he's now emailed to say he thinks he might need to reinstall the drivers as he thinks that might be the problem. He's asked me to tell him step by step what he needs to do to do this. This is a bit silly we didn't ask for help when we bought it, we looked at the instruction manual which we sent to him too and worked it out ourselves. I don't mind helping out but I didn't expect to have to have anything to do with it once sold.

I'll keep you informed.

Like this post
onthelimit

Likes # 0

If you want to show willing (and he ever gets back to you!) suggest he goes to Start, Samsung, then either Samsung Recovery Solution III, or Samsung Magic Doctor and restore the system . that will restore any drivers that may be missing or corrupt.

Like this post
dan1611

Likes # 0

Thought I'd bring this to a close. After giving step by step guidance to the buyer on how to turn the netbook on, I received an email from a woman saying that she wasn't vey technical and she'd keep my email and take the netbook to an expert. She saysd they are going to keep the netbook even if they can't use the wireless and will buy a wireless adapter,instead.
Well as much as they'll be wasting their money, I feel I've done all I can do, so thanks for all the help.

Like this post
onthelimit

Likes # 0

Whew - I bet you're glad that's over!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room