We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson SX515W Wireless Printer & Vista Laptop

pip78900

Likes # 0

Hi

We have two laptops (mine running Windows 7) and my OH (running Vista). We recently bought a Epson SX515W wireless all in one printer. From the pre-reading we'd done we expected problems with setting up the Windows 7 laptop but was led to believe it would be a quick installation for the Vista machine.

OH followed instructions for wireless installation and printer appeared on network. I then found the printer on the network and using the drivers I'd downloaded from Epson was able to connect to the printer without any trouble.

However, some 7 hours later OH still can't connect to the printer. He can see it, but when he sends anything to print he gets the Error Code 0x00000643. He has tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success. The Microsoft help article on the subject hasn't been very helpful either.

Any advice on what we can do before the printer flies out of the window?!!!!

Cheers.

Pip

Like this post
pip78900

Likes # 0

Thanks for your response. Sorry for not coming back sooner but I have been poorly.

The OH has tried doing what was suggested in those links without success. However, when he connects his laptop to the printer via the USB cable it works fine. He now has two icons for the printer: one for USB connection (works fine) and one for wireless (which gives the error message referred to above).

Is there anything else we can try.

Thanks.

Pip

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes