We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Network - Partition visibility content changed

compumac

Likes # 0

Posted initially to Helproom by mistake should have been to this forum (Networking)

Three PC’s - Dell, Akoya and Medion. All three are networked and have drives accessible to the others.
Dell has external drive with three partitions Buffalo 1, Buffalo 2 and Buffalo 3
Up until this morning the three partitions Buffalo 1, 2 and 3 could be seen by the other PC’s and their content accessed.
Today - if using Windows Explorer on the Akoya or the Medion and clicking on Buffalo 1 an error message appears “is not accessible”. If I click on Buffalo 2 it displays the ACTUAL PHYSICAL content of Buffalo 1. If I click on Buffalo 2 it displays the ACTUAL PHYSICAL content of Buffalo 3.
On the Dell itself all three Buffalo’s 1, 2 and 3 can be seen and their content read correctly.

Never had a problem remotely like this before – any suggestions?

Like this post
DJ Techz

Likes # 0

Are the Drive Letters (E:, F: G: etc) correct on the main computer

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

DJ Ryan
You have hit the nail on the head. I had installed an extra DVD drive which took the Drive Letter E which had been the Drive letter of the Buffalo 1 and subsequently affected Buffalo 2 and 3. Thanks for that. I shall slap my wrist later this evening.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger