We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ADDON Router GWAR-3500 cannot connect to server

welshery

Likes # 0

Someone please help me. I am not computer literate, but can manage my way round common issues. I have been using an ADDON wireless router model GWAR-3500 for about 9 months now with no problems. However this week my son purchased a new laptop and I have been trying to log onto the router configurations settings webpage using 192.168.1.1 which is the isp router number I have always used. However, I can no longer connect to this anymore. I have googled this issue and it seems to be a common problem, but I cant really find an answer to it. I dare not reboot the router or use set up again just in case I lose connection altogether. Does anyone have any ideas pretty please.......

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If you've already been connecting "wirelessly" to the router with your computer, it shouldn't be necessary to go into the configuration pages for your son's new Laptop to connect to it as well.

Assuming he's using Windows 7, it should only be necessary to click the Network icon on the Taskbar to see the available wireless networks and then select the option to connect to your network.

If you are trying to access the router's configuration pages, are you doing it from *your* computer, which will already have an IP address allocated by the router? Typing in 192.168.1.1 from your son's Laptop, if it hasn't already connected to the router to get its IP address, isn't going to work.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...