We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

font in webplus looks wrong

pigup

Likes # 0

have made some web pages using webplus x4 and used tables to align pictures and text on the page.On some pages when priewiewed or published the fonts look rough and on other pages they look fine. Have used the same font in all cases.

Like this post
pigup

Likes # 0

Thanks for the reply. I've noticed on the page with the bad fonts (page 29)you can save it as a picture from the web(right click)whereas the page where the fonts look ok(page 30)you cannot.
click here click here
You are correct in saying don't use tables for layout as it was not easy, but given my skills ie none, css seemed a steep learning curve.

Like this post
pigup

Likes # 0

There's a lot of menus and options in web plus and after lots of searching i'm non the wiser.It's probably better in the long run if I learn a better way to lay out my pages as the problem is down to using tables.
Will search the forums for css info, see if its the thing for me. Need to find out if I can use it on odd pages or if I have to make a complete new site.

Like this post
pigup

Likes # 0

Web Plus has a template system and also a few object alignment tools that should give me a quick fix to the problem of laying out pages. Certainly for this website. regards.

Like this post
pigup

Likes # 0

web plus has two types of table, creative and html.By making the offending table html compatable it has fixed the problem. three cheers for that and forums.
Also the system I use for making the website on has an iiyama lcd display, never been impressed with it, used to use their crt's no prob. Never thought to try other than auto settings, a small tweak and a big improvment wish i'd done that six months ago. Live and learn eh. best regards.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer