We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Weird emails from my website

lonemascot

Likes # 0

I have a contact form on my website which uses a php file to send the forms contents to my email address.

I keep getting weird emails where the name and details of the supposed sender is jibberish.
ie.

Name of sender: utbcqzwa
Email of sender: [email protected]
Contact Number : 60610
Alternative Number: 67840
House Number: 43052
Postcode: 7641

Apart from being a bit annoying is this anything to worry about? Ie hackers?

Should I implement one of those picture verification thingys and if so can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Like this post
lonemascot

Likes # 0

I am not aware of any cc or bcc in my php form. If its nothing to worry about then i wont bother with the recaptcha stuff.

cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...