We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Setting up Internet with Homeplug Adapters

Xiahou Dun

Likes # 0

Alright so I've been using a Wirless network and have been pretty unhappy with the speeds I've been getting so I went and bought a pair of 85MBPS Powerline HomePlug Ethernet Adapters to have a decent connection. The problem is that once I got the devices connected to the router, the mains and each other. They don't work. Oh I've connected the devices together just fine. They're plugged in and the Network has been set up. The only issue is that no Internet Connection is being transferred and I have no idea how to make this happen.

Like this post
Xiahou Dun

Likes # 0

Also I need to know if it is at all possible to use a Home Plug with an Xbox 360.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

I had problems setting up Homeplugs to work with X-Box 360. It worked fine with a cable connection but wouldn't work over Homeplugs. It seems to be a common problem click here

Like this post
Tim1964

Likes # 0

Could be a faulty homeplug device. I use 3 home plugs to connect an XBox, media streamer and PC together and they were literally plug and play.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers