We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

social networking

papatee

Likes # 0

hi could somebody please help me, i want to set up a website which will allow people to create a profile and be able to send a message to another registrant on my website, it doesnt have to be instant, abit like an email is fine, what is this method called and how do i go about gettign it on my social networking website?

your help would be much appreciated

thank you

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

from the Business forum.

Like this post
Samantha Nolan

Likes # 0

Do you already have a social website? If yes, there are many softwares that can be used for messaging. The type of software to use depends on what dynamic language you use in your website.

Like this post
papatee

Likes # 0

thanx for the reply samantha, no i havent started it yet, im doing my research first, i have a wicked idea for a social website. would i just buy this software or would it be like an ongoing license? and also would my programmer have to programme it into my website?

sorry for all the questions,lol any help will be much appreciated

Like this post
Samantha Nolan

Likes # 0

Hi papatee!

The type of software you need depends on your requirement. Yes, you can easily extend a social networking software, as many of them offer an API to program.

Like this post
moneg21

Likes # 0

is important that you explain exactly what you need, because the type of software would be depend on your needs!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...