We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PayPal on website security question

Ade_1

Likes # 0

Hi,

Had a look around and can't quite find anything that is specific to my needs.

I have a wordpress blog and I am attaching a store to it via a plug-in. The user can purchase items and it goes through PayPal Express Checkout.

The process works as follow:

User adds to basket, clicks on checkout and then taken to PayPal to enter details or log in. Once they have done this they then get taken back to the original WordPress site and then click 'Make Purchase' to complete the transaction.

My question is, does this need a SSL certificate or will it not be required seeing as all the details etc are handled by PayPal and I am presuming that button just authorises the payment to be made.

Thanks in advance,

Ade

Like this post
Ade_1

Likes # 0

That's helpful to know.

After a bit of digging around I came across a web page that was directly related to what I was after. It turns out the payment side is completely secure and no need for SSL certificate on the website as PayPal handles everything.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow